Hertfordshire County Council
FAQs for Hertfordshire NDORS courses
- How do I contact my course provider?
- The best and quickest way to book is via the NDORS offers site which links through to our online booking service. See your offer letter from the Police.
- You can also call us on 0300 123 4035
- You need to have your course offer letter handy, as well as your driving licence and a payment card.
- What will I need for my course?
- The course takes place online, so you need a laptop, tablet or PC with a microphone and camera and reliable internet connection capable of streaming video.
Smart phones may be used; but the course will be more effective if you have a larger screen. You’ll need enough charge to last the length of the course.
- We use Zoom, so you need to have the Zoom app loaded beforehand. Check that your audio and video work before joining the meeting.
- You can watch our bespoke video for more on what to do.
- The course is confidential, so make sure you are in a private room and will not be disturbed during the course. If you need someone to help you, we need to know beforehand and they must be aged over 16.
- What platform is the course running on?
- We use Zoom, the well-known online meeting programme.
You will need to Download Zoom on your device if you do not already have it. Do this before the day of your course, so that everything is ready.
- How do I access my course?
- We will send you a confirmation email with a link, which will take you to the meeting. Make sure you have your driving licence and photo-ID ready to show the trainer.
- I have booked my course, when will I receive my joining instructions and where do I find them?
- You should receive your confirmation email the same day you make your booking. If you haven’t received it, please check your spam/junk folder. If you haven’t received it, please contact us for it to be resent. Everything you need to know will be included.
- I am about to take my course but cannot access it, where do I find my joining instructions?
- Again, everything will be included in your confirmation email. We recommend you check everything is ready the day before.
- I’m not very technical and I am worried that I won’t be able to take my virtual/online course, what help can I get from my course provider?
- You can watch our bespoke video that explains what you need to do. There are also short videos on social media about how to use Zoom. It’s quite easy, but don’t worry, even our trainers had to learn how to use Zoom!
- I don’t speak English, can I have an interpreter?
- Yes, we can provide an interpreter at no extra cost if you tell us when you make your booking.
- If you wish to have a friend or relative to help you, they must speak fluent English and be aged over 16. Please tell us in advance, because the course is confidential.
- When do you run your courses?
- We have speed awareness courses available Monday to Saturday (except public holidays) at a range of times in the morning, afternoon and evening. Other courses are offered less frequently, but still at a range of times and days almost every week.
- Here’s what some of our clients have said about the online courses:
- “I would like to give you some feedback regarding the course I attended yesterday at 1pm through the Hertfordshire County Council. It was really easy to book and join, there were no technical issues and the content was really interesting. More importantly Paul, our tutor was absolutely brilliant. He really made the session interesting and actually enjoyable, whilst not detracting from the importance of the content and learnings.”
- “I’ve just undertaken a speed awareness course and I wanted to extend my compliments to Stephen who ran the course. He was very friendly and personable and quickly made us all feel at ease. He presented the course in a way that was interactive and interesting. He made the experience much more pleasant than I thought it would be!”
- “This morning I completed a speed awareness course which I am pleased to say was well presented by Alasdair. The course was beneficial to me because it’s so easy to overlook the rules and the consequences of doing so when on the road. The course covered the issues very well. Beforehand I had no experience of attending a ‘virtual’ course. I felt that it worked well enabling me to take part from the comfort and convenience of my home.”
- “Really enjoyed the virtual course, much more convenient than the hotel courses & learnt just as much. Was able to listen & take everything in without worrying about others around me. Many thanks & hope not to have to do one again now I have the missing knowledge.”
- “The course was led by Mark, who proved to be a very capable online facilitator. I was particularly impressed with the compassion and respect he displayed to one particular individual on the course. The content was interesting, relevant and thought-provoking. Many thanks.”
- “I have just done my speed awareness course online with David, I just wanted to email to say thank you very much! These current times aren’t easy for people and everyone’s having to make a lot of changes, but he did a great job, I was apprehensive to do it over Zoom but, felt at ease straight away.”
Did you find the answer your question in the FAQ section
If not, consider contacting us.